Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Update

I havn't been keeping up with this as much as I wanted. I am going to try to set aside one night a week to write.


I think I will just give an update on things going on with us.

Cameron is slowly getting used to his tube. If I ask him to help me with it he seems to respond better. He gets his new M-Key button the first week of January. This one will give him more freedom and will get rid of the need for him to be taped all day. Its making it hard since he is allergic/sensitive to the tape/adhesive. He has a LOT of granulation tissue that needs to be burned off. They want to wait until he gets the new button to reduce the risk of burning the good skin. We also recently discovered that his stomach isn't emptying properly. So all along he may have not been hungry all the time, but rather always full. We've made it up to 80ml/hr on his pump. He's down to 1290ml a day. Hopefully we can get up to bolus feedings once we figure his medication out for emptying his stomach. He is on an antibiotic for it that expires every 10 days. I didn't realize that when my husband picked it up they gave him one bottle of 100ml instead of 3 bottles. So this bottle expired and it says I can't get anymore until the 17th The pharmacy i went to is the same chain but a different location. She called and got it all figured out but had to order it. Guess what.... Its on back order!!! REALLY????? She called around for me though and found that out of the 4 she called one in Avon had it. yikes. On a lighter note, he has gained about 2.5 lbs. He looks so good!! He's starting to not feel bony!!

Sadie is standing on her own. She is thinking about walking. She has 2 teeth on bottom. She is also getting 2 teeth on the top but the two next to her front teeth. She will soon look like a vampire. lol She will be cute anyway. I think her hair has finally decided it will be a dark strawberry blond. We have been having a problem with Sadie having horribly acidic watery poos lately. Our amazing pediatrician had me ask Cam's GI about it. She said she wants to test her for malabsortion. Here we go. She is going to do it even though she isn't a patient. That's what happens when you see the best GI in town. Shout out Pediatric Gastroenterology Assoc. of Indiana (payton manning childrens hospital)!!!!!!!


Matt and I are doing well. I'm becoming more frustrated that no one can help me with my weight. I gained a lot with the pregnancies and am having trouble getting rid of it. I was big before and still no one could figure out why. I've been tested for everything and have been told I'm Healthier than many people they have seen. My doc said i am not getting enough calories and my body is then storing everything. yay rah. so now he tells me i need to eat to loose. not going so well. when you have 2 under 2 you often forget to eat. not to mention that i can't eat in front of Cameron for fear of hurting his feelings.

Christmas is almost here and Matt and i are uber excited to go shopping next Saturday. It's Sadie's first Christmas and the first that cam might have a clue as to what to do. It will be here before we know it!!!

2 comments:

  1. You, my dear, sweet Andrea, are an awesome mommy! I pray for you and think of you so often and wish I were closer, but I know God is doing GOOD things in you & your family. :) Continue to trust in Him and He WILL make all things work together for good, for YOU who have been called to HIS purpose! :) XOXO I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you kim!!! hugs and kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete